I have a giant zit on my chin. My head also feels like it is full of fluff, and I am working a ten-hour shift.
waaaa waaaa. Pitiful me.
No no no, 2012… I will not start my year off feeling like a cotton headed ninny muggins (when else would I ever be able to use that line from Elf??)
So here is my cliché new years resolution list for 2012… Yes, most of it involves running, veganism and yoga. Deal with it.
1. Practice yoga at least four times a week. This means going to a class four times a week. The other three days, at least incorporating some sort of meditation/yoga/stretching into my daily life. YOGA EVERYDAY.
2. Diversify my vegan diet. Spend more time with kale. Use the new immersion blender/regular blender (my mom thinks vegans eat a lot of soups and smoothies) and make magic in the kitchen.
3. Continue training for my full marathon. RUN RUN RUN.
4. Allow myself space to be quiet. To sit and do nothing. To not plan every minute of every day scheduling something. Meditate.
5. Be kind to my body. As I am constantly being bombarded by germs from all angles (I work at a children’s Urgent Care clinic; sickness is literally FLYING at me)
6. Climb Mt. Baker– I will succeed in reaching the top of a mountain and once again reveling in the fact that our bodies can do amazing things, and this world we live in is a beautiful place.
7. Allow myself to be a quirkyalone for as long as I want. I refuse to ever settle, even if the loneliness sets in and the world tells me to fall in love for the sake of companionship.
8. Start a girl band with my friend Molly. She will play the ukulele. I will play the banjo.
9. Learn to play the banjo.
10. Make time for my friends. Always. Long walks with the dog. Chats over tea. Girls night out. Sessions in the sauna. I am the people I surround myself with. My friends are my sanity.
Here is to you 2012. Lets make my 25th year EPIC.