This weekend was pretty epic.
- Friday night outings for a birthday. Faced my demons after avoiding/ignoring them for 8 months. Went off swimmingly.
- Spent Saturday morning perusing the Seattle Art Museum. Got emotional over Gauguin. Basked in all the colors and was mesmerized. I was reminded, once again, how powerful art can be.
- GIRLS DATE: Trace and I most likely contracted hep. B from the sketchiest nail salon in the world. We were craving pedicures. Never going back to that place again. We had a few good laughs over it though… now we wait to see if the foot fungus presents itself.
- Drank too much beer, let out too many emotions, stumbled over my worlds like a fool. AGAIN. It was still refreshing to be there, doing that.
- Fulfilled my twirly desire. It was a delightful way to spend a Saturday evening. That is all I will say about that.
- 7.5 mile run with the bestie that ended at the Fremont Brewing Company for a cold pint and a growler for the road. Oh yeah, it was sunny for our run. And oh yeah, we ran over the Ballard Locks and got splashed in the face with cool breezes and ocean spray. INCREDIBLE.
- Ended the night with crispy tofu and spinach over a bed of black rice, slathered in peanut sauce. SO GOOD. SEE RECIPE BELOW.
- Start with the black rice. Cook it like brown rice. 1 cup rice: 2 cups water. Boil water, add rice and simmer for 45 minutes-1 hour.
- For peanut sauce mix together: 2 tbsp peanut butter, 2 tbsp hot water, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1.5 tsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp brown sugar, ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, sprinkle of red chili flakes—heat and whisk like a mother fucker.
- Flatten and bread tofu in corn starch (makes it crispy)— add 1 tbsp of sesame oil to hot pan, fry tofu until lightly brown on both sides. I added a dash of soy sauce as well to mix with the corn starch and get awesome on the outside.
- Lightly steam spinach until it is bright green.
- Pop black rice on the plate, add the spinach, flip on the tofu and drench in peanut sauce. AMAZING MEAL. Done and done.
To top it all off I get up to my bed at 8:45 and was greeted by this goober.
This weekend was all about winning.