Here are some things I have learned in the past week.
- I dislike situations where I can’t find a solution, and I am not in control.
- I have friends that are incredible and won’t allow me to be silly and reclusive. Thanks guys.
- Break downs and a few good sessions of crying make for a whole lot of stress relief.
- It is okay to feel things. Showing emotion doesn’t make me a weak person, and I am not sure why I hold most everything in. I suppose it is my fear of confrontation and feeling petty and stupid if I let myself be emotional. Blurgh.
- I have insane mood swings around “my time of the month.” (Why I used quotations? No reason)
- I really need to take a step back from stalking people online—which means I really need to take a step back from Facebook. (Good thing wordpress posts this bad boy on there without me having to sign on.. oh technology, you make this too easy).
- I have over 160 pins (for those not on Pinterest, get with the lingo already. I am terrified by tweeting, but this pinning shit? I have it DOWN) revolving around food. All of which is vegan, all of which looks incredible and delicious. I plan on trying to make a few recipes from there each week… otherwise what is the point of pinning them? Am I right?
- It is St. Patrick’s Day this weekend, I got positive work related news and I am going to get back into rock climbing. (See what I did there? I made it positive at the last-minute to show that things will always be okay and get better. Keep calm and carry on, right?)
To summarize how this week made me feel as a whole, I leave you with this post from Happyolks, one of my favorite food blogs, and a quote from my favorite nature writer. I read the quote and felt inspired; I read the blog post and started crying.
Yes, you heard me correctly. I started weeping over a food blog post. Mainly because of what was written, but also because I just love sweet potatoes that much… heh.
This is my living faith, an active faith, a faith of verbs: to question, explore, experiment, experience, walk, run, dance, play, eat, love, learn, dare, taste, touch, smell, listen, speak, write, read, draw, provoke, emote, scream, sin, repent, cry, kneel, pray, bow, rise, stand, look, laugh, cajole, create, confront, confound, walk back, walk forward, circle, hide, and seek.
-Terry Tempest Williams-
I get trackback notifications when others link HY, but I don’t always follow up on them. Felt compelled to click yours, so so glad I did. Wow. Now is my chance to say thank YOU for inspiring ME. Honestly, it’s hard to know if what you put out there into the world will be meaningful or valuable for others and only about 1% of visitors ever comment to say yay or nay. All this is to say, thank you for your vote of confidence. It means a lot.
Also, I had so much fun reading through your posts last night getting to know you better and I just love your voice, I totally connect to/relate/appreciate the wide range of topics you bring to the table. And um, I bet your family reunions are epic. Anis Mojgani is your bro-in-law? MEGA INSPIRATION! I’ve been watching his rock-out live performance since I was 18 anytime I need a boost. Anywho, happy to connect 🙂
Cheers to Terry Tempest Williams, she’s the greatest.
Kelsey! You made me blush… shoot, thank you so much for reading my blog. I love connecting with people through words, and I’m happy you stumbled upon my ramblings. I started it as a way to keep myself entertained during slow times at work, and now I use it as a way to put all of my silly life thoughts for the world to read. I am glad you can relate, and that you took the time to read through my posts. It really means a lot. As for Anis, yes, he is amazing. He has been a great addition to the family, and his poetry never ceases to amaze me. It sounds like we are kindred spirits. Thanks again for taking the time to comment. I never know if anyone actually reads anything, so it means a lot when people acknowledge that.
Oh my goodness. I forgot to mention that your blog is literally one of my favorite food blogs out there. I check it every day for inspiration– my food board on pinterest is 85% you. Honestly, I am honored that you read my blog. I had a mild celebrity-like reaction when I saw your comment… haha. Thank YOU for your beautiful recipes and pictures.